Our community has been through a lot over the last few months and all of us are looking forward to resuming our habits and routines. At Southern Maine Dental, we are eager to see our patients and continue to help improve the oral health of our dental family!
While we have consistently exceeded the recommended infection control measures of the ADA and CDC, you will see some changes when you come in for your next appointment. We are confident that we are doing everything possible to protect our patients and staff.
In addition to asking all patients to wear face coverings and using hand sanitizer upon entering the office, some other changes you may notice include:
- Medify Air Purifiers stationed around the office to allow for complete air purification every 15 minutes
- Screening questions asked to each patient before and upon arrival to your appointment, including temperature checks
- Extra protective equipment for the staff including continuous wearing of face masks and use of face shields during active treatment
- Spaced patient appointments to limit the number of patients in office and to facilitate social distancing
- Sneeze guards installed at front desk
- Safety glasses for patients to wear during active treatment
- Removal of all hard to disinfect items from the reception area and operatories including magazines, toys, Keurig, and pamphlets
- Frequent disinfection of reception area, doorknobs, counters, bathrooms and other patient contact areas in addition to our normal disinfection protocols.
Please do not come into the office if you are not 100% healthy. Please call to reschedule. We ask that only the person being treated enters the office. One guardian is welcome to accompany a minor. Thank you again for your patience and understanding. We’ll see you soon!